Saint Philomena Catholic Hospital has been providing surgical services from inception in addition to opportunities for the advancement of medical knowledge through continuous education and research in a professional setting.
"Our surgical team includes medically certified Doctors, Nurses and Technicians who have performed numerous surgical procedures. Many of the surgical staff are nationally and internationally certified and participate in continuous medical education."
The Hospital has surgical procedures in the following specialties:
- Plastic Surgery
- General Surgery
- Vascular Surgery
- Cardio-Thoracic Surgery
- Dental Surgery
- Otorhinolaryngology (Ear, Nose & Throat or ENT)
- Audiology & Speech Therapy
- Paediatric Surgery
Ophthalmology: this Department provides complete and comprehensive ophthalmic care. We have a qualified team of ophthalmic nurses, ophthalmic technicians, optometrists and ophthalmologists.
All types of surgeries and/or treatments are performed her such as
- Laser Surgery
- A-Scan Orbit
- Orbital CT-Scan
- Intraocular Lens Implant
Other ophthalmic services include:
- Comprehensive Eye Examination
- Computerised Perimetry
- School Eye Screening
- Industrial Eye Screening
- Keratometry and provision of contact lenses
- Treatment and management of all kinds of eye diseases and defects
- All types of lenses, designer frames and all other types of frames are also available.